Wednesday, October 8, 2014

New title, new focus...

Hello loyal blog followers (yes, both of you...),

As I embarked to kindle up this little blog about life, my first posts were basically about whatever was on my mind at the time - which was fine with me, but I thought the site needed a little direction.

I didn't want to pound on political pundits.  I can barely keep myself healthy much less tell anyone else too much about it (that is what my son's blog is for, EndunamoomeChristoo).  So what should be the niche of this blog - meaning what is the area of focus?

I reviewed past posts (links to them are to your right if interested in some back stories), and I noticed somewhat of a recurring theme.  It seems little life hacks and advice for sustaining sanity in this crazy, jacked-up world which we all live was a recurring theme.

And then I thought, "Rob, wouldn't that make a good theme.  Stuff I've learned that can help people amongst all the chaos?  Life hacks of some sort?"  (I often converse with myself in third person.  It helps when you need to talk and no one is around - or no one wants to listen.  Hey, maybe I'll blog about that one day...)

Thus, I have changed the title of the blog to "I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane."  (some of you may recognize that as lyrics to a Waylon Jennings song.  Basically my theme song of life. You can check out the video on YouTube here.)

I'm going to feature various things that you may encounter and some of my own tips and tricks for not letting them make you completely bonkers.  To give you an idea, here are some areas I may focus (I may narrow this a bit as time goes on...);

  • Attacking daily problems from a Christian slant (seeing what the Bible says about issues we all face)
  • Becoming a Christian Manly Man (Loving Jesus, but remaining a lean, mean, fighting machine.)
  • Living in our small part of this crazy world (what to do when the headlines are so depressing)
  • How stupid can people be? (highlight current events with the premise of pointing out how stupid people can be.  That seems a little harsh, but I'll try to make sure there is content there to keep you and me from making the same stupid mistakes.)
  • Life Hacks for the common man (physical things you can do to make life easier or better.  DIY type of stuff.)
  • Leadership and Management tips and help for common problems at the workplace (I have over 20 years of leadership experience in the Federal Government - no jokes about that being an oxymoron please - well, I guess if you want to, go ahead I won't mind.)

  • The point of all this is that it doesn't matter what problems we face, the way we approach them mentally can make all the difference in the world.

    I hope you find this shift in focus useful.  If you do, I'd appreciate any comments you might have in the comments section below, share the blog with your friends or anything else you can do to promote it.  Also, feel free to leave any requests, suggestions, or other comments you'd like.



    Thanks,
    God Bless,
    Rob
    www.starvt.com



    2 comments:

    1. I really like that part about endunamoomechristoo.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well, maybe you can give me a shout out on some future post...

        Delete